GUIDELINES FOR GOMACTech POSTERS
The poster session is intended to provide presentations
judged to be best suited to this more interactive format.
The success of a poster session is attributed not only to the high quality of the papers selected but also to the authors' adherence to the following guidelines for effective
presentation in poster format.
The key guideline is that the poster should not consist of a copy of the manuscript; instead it should allow the
attendees to recognize the key points of the work easily
from a distance of at least 3 meters and to facilitate more detailed discussions with the authors. Often the best poster comprises a few large graphs/illustrations annotated clearly
to show the viewer why each is significant, with only enough text to headline key points like purpose, conclusions, and impact.
The GOMACTech-17 Poster Session will be held on
Thursday, March 23 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm at the
Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV in the Grand Ballroom.
Authors are expected to be present to answer questions at least between 10:30 – 11:30 am.. The room will be open for poster setup beginning at 7:30 am on Thursday morning:
a 4 feet high x 8 feet wide bulletin board with ample tacks
and 3 feet x 18 inches of table space for handouts/demonstrations will be available.
Specific Guidelines ·
- An area 12 in. high and 9 in. wide in the top left corner
of the poster board will be used by GOMACTech for poster identification.
- The poster will typically consist of a number of 8.5 x 11 in. pages tacked to the bulletin board, although larger paper formats are acceptable and even desirable.
- One page is to consist of the paper title, authors and affiliation.
- A second page is to consist of a brief abstract outlining the key points of the paper.
- Use a minimum font size of 18 points for text and 30 points for headings.
- Limit text to 4-6 key points per page.
- Limit graphs or illustrations to 2 per page.
- Appropriate use of color is encouraged.